Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Difference ethernet card on actual and virtual windows 8!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cadillacsoul

cadillacsoul

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

I have a windows 8 installed on virtual WMV, in device manager of actual machine and device manager of virtual windows 8 i have two deiffernece ethernet card!

any idea!?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

if it works the same as VMWare (which it should in theory) you have a virtualized ethernet card, as well as your physical one. To make it work you bridge your virtual card to your physical one in your machine settings (not windows settings).

#3 cadillacsoul

cadillacsoul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:13 PM

Thanks Man

#4 Icuw1pc

Icuw1pc

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Location:Milky Way Galaxy: Planet Earth: North America:South Dakota
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

You don't have to bride it windows automatically sets it up for you so there isn't any tasks to preform after installing virtual box or whatever program you use.

#5 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,232 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

that's nice of them... assuming which network you want to connect to. lol

#6 cadillacsoul

cadillacsoul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

Yep!exactly, The problem is i cant install prowin64.exe for getting Vlan futures on my virtual machin,while installation prowin i got the error message " no intel card on this machin!"

#7 Icuw1pc

Icuw1pc

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Location:Milky Way Galaxy: Planet Earth: North America:South Dakota
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:18 PM

The normal user only has one and that is generally the one controlling the internet.

Edited by Icuw1pc, 12 January 2014 - 11:24 PM.

#8 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,232 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

Yep!exactly, The problem is i cant install prowin64.exe for getting Vlan futures on my virtual machin,while installation prowin i got the error message " no intel card on this machin!"

But you see the Intel card in your devices menu?

To be honest Windows Virtual PC lacks in many areas, the largest being community support. It is full of little annoying bugs, though I am forced to set it up sometimes for XP mode machines, I avoid it like the plague.

I suggest VMWare player... it's free, it works. I use a registered version for a few extra goodies, but used the free version for a long time with no hassles. I tried VirtualBox but had issues, others swear by it though.

edit:

The normal user only has one and that is generally the one controlling the internet.

What about wireless cards? I slightly dislike the term 'normal' though.. hahah ... perhaps 'consumer' is a better choice.

Edited by TsVk!, 12 January 2014 - 11:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users