Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell XPS L502X New HDD Won't Boot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chaostoday

chaostoday

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

I have a Dell L502X that had a bad HDD. I replace the HDD and re-booted the laptop and got a message on the screen that said "No operating system found"

It then shut off.

This is a new drive. I never worked on a laptop but assumed it was like a desktop. You install the new drive then boot from the CD and re-install the OS.

Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trakeen

Trakeen

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:16 PM

When the computer is doing it's POST you should be able to press the f12 button for boot options.  Then select your optical drive.  After that just follow the prompts to install windows.

Once you're done you'll most likely need to get all the drivers from Dell's website as well, if you aren't using original installation media from Dell.

#3 chaostoday

chaostoday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:27 PM

I'm sorry. The computer wont even stay on for 1 second. The lights come on and then go right off.

There is no post. I'm sorry I neglected to include that.

#4 chaostoday

chaostoday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

Update. I removed the battery and tried re-booting. I did get the laptop to post. Windows is loading. I have a driver disk and will go from there. Thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users