Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Friend's Desktop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SmokeViper07

SmokeViper07

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

I have a friend's desktop and I haven't been able to figure out a solution to his issues. It always black screened during boot with an error mentioning it was unable to locate boot partition or something similar. In turn I attempted to troubleshoot thinking it might be a bad windows install or bad hard drive. Well I found out one of the SATA ports had been fried by the guy he bought it from and the guy installed a RAID/SATA card to compensate so both the cd drive and the hdd could both be functional. With a bit of testing the system began to work without the RAID card if only the hdd was plugged in. However, it still occassionaly ran into the problem and couldn't be reformatted even via USB. as of now we chucked the RAID card and I'm just trying to get the system running again for him to take back and use. All he ever does on it is basic browsing, youtube, etc and some music programs here and there. Any suggestions on how I can get this working again without spending a ton on parts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoctor

SpywareDoctor

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

You need a new motherboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users