Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issues with the Zotac Geforce GTX 660 ti graphics card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AcidicIguana

AcidicIguana

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

Okay.

So over the Christmas break I acquired a new graphics card, the Zotac Geforce GTX 660 ti. I have installed it correctly and it is wired correctly but it is having power shortages. Using a benchmarking tool I saw that it was only getting 34% power. My power supply should be able to handle it easily as the card has a minimum of 450w and the PSU supports 700w. Any speculation why it's not getting enough power?

Here's the specs:

Windows 8 Pro (64 bit)

Intel® Core i7-3770k CPU @ 3.5 GHz

16 GB RAM

Zotac Geforce GTX 660 ti graphics card

700w Cooler Master power supply.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

Most likely the benchmarking software being used is converting the current power output being used into percentages. I'm not an engineer qualified on the intricacies of output and draw on certain components but these might help you understand generally about Power Supply outputs.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users