Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which GPU for an Old Computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Klepto

Klepto

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

Hi, new to these forums, here is my first post...

Which one of these old GPUs should I use in a spare PC I want to put in another room? I will do some minor overclocking of the card I use. Which one would give me the best gaming performance? I realize that none of them are really gaming cards, but finances are tough and it is all I have right now...

8400GS 256MB (small fan and heat sink)
9400GT 512MB (small fan and heat sink)
Radeon HD 4350 1GB (just a heat sink, although I could attach a fan).

The computer contains an Intel Core 2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz and 4 GB RAM.  Am running Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks.

Rick

* The title of the post was supposed to be Which GPU for an Old Computer.  Not sure what happened to the rest of it! :unsure:

Edited post title and moved to a more appropriate forum from Internal hardware.

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 12 January 2014 - 01:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

Useful site to look up the rough comparative performance of any GPU's - http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php

From a quick look, looks like the 9400GT will be the quickest.

7sbvuf-6.png

#3 Klepto

Klepto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

Thanks.  I might see if I can remove the heat sink and put some Arctic Silver 5 on it before overclocking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users