Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

randomly being kicked off the internet

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kevski01

Kevski01

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

I am running windows 7 on a 3 year old lennovo "ideacentre" computer.  I recently got all new equipment and service from Hughes net satellite, since where I live satellite is the only option.  Did not have this problem till about a month in, I have the old wireless router that I used before, never had a problem.  A month into new service I am being kicked off the internet, "web page cannot be displayed" and I notice I am not connected to the internet.  I go to the task bar at lower right of screen to the internet icon and click, sometimes my wireless router is there and I can simply click on it, click connect and it will reconnect sometimes takes a couple tries, sometimes it is not even listed as an option, where did it go?  I have to reboot the computer to get it back and I'm back on line.  Can happen in 5 minutes sometimes takes hours but always happens when I'm working online, sometimes repeatedly.  Tried a new wireless adapter on the back of computer with same problem.  I am ruling out the actual wireless router and service since when I am having this problem my phone and I-pad have no problems connecting and staying online at the time I am having this problem.

I have Norton antivirus and have been told sounds like a Trojan virus and try using Malwarebytes, ad aware, and spybot to try to remove it.  Seemed to get better but still present.  Also tried to restore to an earlier date since I know pretty close to when it started, but when I do it has few dates available for "automatic restore point" and only date before problem is "system image restore point" and related to backup which it tells me cannot find backup drive and I go no further.  Dates that were available last week are gone and the only date it will let me restore to is 1/11/14.  I am told a virus is destroying these restore points too. Thanks for any ideas you can give.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users