Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to start XP Mode after installing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Arnie98

Arnie98

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:49 AM

O/S: Windows 7 (64 bits)

Hello all! I'm stuck after installing Windows XP Mode downloaded from Microsoft. :-(

When installing, I specified a folder to install in, and the installing went Ok, BUT: There is no icon on the start menu to start the Virtual PC and also NO icon in the "All programs"- folder! :-(

Something has been installed in the folder I specified, but no program, only a folder named Tutorial with some .htm-files in it. If I try running the installation again, the installation program just reports that "Windows XP Mode is already installed on this computer", and asks me to end the installation. WHAT TO DO? I really hope that someone here can help me by giving me some useful tips and tricks. 

If anyone prefers to answer by e-mail, they can use: Arnie98<Thesymbol>moseng.no

Arnie98

Edited by Arnie98, 12 January 2014 - 07:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

Did you install Windows virtual PC also?

If the Windows Virtual Machine is not showing up in your Program list, or through the Program Files on your computer, be sure to go into your Add/Remove Programs > and click on the Turn on or off Windows features. Scroll down to the Windows Virtual Machine and verify the checkbox is ticked.

#3 Arnie98

Arnie98
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

Did you install Windows virtual PC also?

If the Windows Virtual Machine is not showing up in your Program list, or through the Program Files on your computer, be sure to go into your Add/Remove Programs > and click on the Turn on or off Windows features. Scroll down to the Windows Virtual Machine and verify the checkbox is ticked.

Hmmm. I have checked the "Turn on or off windows features" but there is no "Windows Vurtual machine" in the list of windows features. I did not install the Windows 7 myself though, a computer shop did that for me because the XP I used previously wan't compatible with the motherboard in the machine. And (of course!) the 7 stopped working after a while, and I had to re-install 7 and all the programs and drivers :-(

Do you know of any downloads (preferably from Microsoft) that could fix this problem, or do I have to install 7 all over again? 

Arnie98

If anyone here has another tip or trick to come around this problem, I would be very thankful indeed!

Edited by Arnie98, 12 January 2014 - 04:33 PM.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3702

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users