Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Dont Know How Else To Post This

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cowboy357

cowboy357

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 08 May 2006 - 05:21 PM

//Mod edit: Moved from Windows XP Home and Professional forum to the more appropriate.//

I,m very sorry,,,I started out with really simple problems & thankyou for Your help,,,But I thought I might have a little glitch in My system so I followed Your instuctions from the remove malware page.,,I did it to the letter For 3 days now,,,& have had several different problems,,,not to mention being more infected,,,Ok,,,I have the purchased versions of Ad-Ware Plus,,,Spydocter ,,,Fixit utilities 6,,,& Error killer,,,,also the free norton that came with My netzero (supposedly ) high speed,,,,I am on dial up,,,,Also the free version of spybot,,,,I did complete scans with all of them,,,then Tried to do the Trend micro installation,,,The first 2 times it failed,,,the last one worked after 4 hours but didn,t seem like it found or got rid of anything,,,,Then I tried the pandasoftware,,,It showed error on the page & I couldn,t do anything with it,,,Then bitdefender that seemed to at least start,,,But still no help,,,,Then I ran Mcafee stinger & # 1 there was no auto clean box to check & My computer crashed after it downloaded,,,I got it back up,,,Then tryed to download highjack this for the 6th time,,,,I followed the instructions to the t ,,( even printed them,) cuz I can,t remember very good,,,I did the high jack this installer link ,,,,but the next step didn,t have that save to disk option ,,,but i did save it to my desktop,,,the little box appeared & I double clicked & clicked unzip like it said,,,,then the little window opened up & I clicked ok like it said,,,,Then that was it,,,It didn,t matter what i did I couldn,t start a scan or anything,,,it just kept going back to the self exractor,,,I,m very sorry I didn,t mean to drag this out so much,,,but I,m kinda lost,,,,But I did get far enough on bitdefender to see that My main infections included,,,c/documentsandsettings/allusers/applicationdata-symantic/n,,,,,I have to assume thats norton,,,& symantic is set as my homepage ,,,cuz I surely thought that would be safe,,,,O k How stupid am I ,,,I appreaciate any help or input,,,,If its very confusing tho I may have to have You email Me Or tell Me how to print things off of the mb,,,,Once again sorry & thankyou,,,,Cowboy

Edited by KoanYorel, 08 May 2006 - 05:53 PM.

Yer Only gonna be as happy, as You decide to be . Cowboy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 08 May 2006 - 06:46 PM

,,,I did the high jack this installer link ,,,,but the next step didn,t have that save to disk option ,,,but i did save it to my desktop,,,the little box appeared & I double clicked & clicked unzip like it said,,,,then the little window opened up & I clicked ok like it said,,,,Then that was it,,,It didn,t matter what i did I couldn,t start a scan or anything,,,it just kept going back to the self exractor,

Well, I think it may be time to post a HiJackThis log, but let's be sure your copy of HiJackThis is working correctly. It sounds like you did everything correctly except when it came time to run the program. Try this: Go to

Start > My Computer > C: > Program Files > HiJackThis

Inside of this folder should be your UNzipped version of HiJackThis. Double click on it to run it. If it opens up, click Scan and when scan is complete click Save Log. Copy the entire contents of that log and post it along with a brief description of your symptoms in the HiJackThis forum HERE.

Here are some more instructions concerning posting in the HiJackThis forum:

Please, after you post your HJT log DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post there will be 1 reply. The team member glancing over the replies might think someone is already helping you out and will not respond. So, just make your post and let it sit there until a team member responds. The volunteers who work that forum are very busy, so please be patient and wait. It can sometimes take a few days for a response. If after 5 days you still have gotten no response, then post a link to your HJT log HERE.

If, after finishing your work with the folks at the HJT forum you have issues with Windows related to the removal of the infection, then come to the other forums and let us help you get your computer back to normal.

You are in good hands! Good luck!

Edited by Albert Frankenstein, 08 May 2006 - 06:47 PM.

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 cowboy357

cowboy357
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:30 AM

Thankyou again A F,,,I did as You said & it worked I now have the notepad of hjt saved,,,But I cant copy & post it,,,,I tried the copy & paste thing on my right click but it wont work,,,what am i not doing,,,Thanks again,,,Cowboy
Yer Only gonna be as happy, as You decide to be . Cowboy

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:30 AM

I see you have successfully posted your HJT file to the HJT Team Forum!

Until a member of the team has reviewed it, please do not make any major changes to your computer, as these will invalidate the data in the file. Until the HJT process is complete, consider this thread temporarily closed.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:51 PM

Cowboy357's HJT log can be seen HERE.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users