Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba satellite L455D-S5976 does not connect to internet with DHCP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shashman

shashman

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

This is a weird problem.  Yesterday this laptop was acting all crazy, slow and stuff and youtube was jerky and stuff so I decided to reinstall Windows 7 ultimate.  Before I started the reiinstall process, I checked the wireless connection just for kicks, anyways the wireless network adapter was set to DHCP and the internet was accessible.  After reloading windows 7 ultimate, I could not get the computer to connect wirelessly during the install process and nor was I able to do so after the install finished.  I could only connect the laptop wirelessly using static ip.  Im puzzled whats going on, because my two other laptops connect wirelessly using DHCP so why is this one not able to, why do i need to use a static ip on this one

Edited by hamluis, 12 January 2014 - 09:17 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Networking - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,673 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

See if the DHCP service is started and set to automatic.

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

Just to add also, did you install the correct drivers for your laptop after reinstalling? http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=2439385

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users