Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scan results confuse me

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 patb94

patb94

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:50 PM

Just scanned my computer today and received warnings that did not appear when i scanned the day before. I am personally not very keen with computers and i was wondering if it was possible that someone on these forums could help me decipher this foreign language and tell me what to do.

Thanks

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2014.01.11.07

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.16476
ptbradley :: PTBRADLEY-HP [administrator]

1/11/2014 10:38:55 PM
MBAM-log-2014-01-11 (23-06-47).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 218246
Time elapsed: 9 minute(s), 46 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 1
C:\Users\ptbradley\AppData\Roaming\Search Protection\SearchProtection.exe (PUP.Optional.SearchProtection.A) -> 3816 -> No action taken.

Memory Modules Detected: 1
C:\Users\ptbradley\AppData\Roaming\newnext.me\nengine.dll (PUP.Optional.NextLive.A) -> No action taken.

Registry Keys Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Values Detected: 2
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run|SearchProtection (PUP.Optional.SearchProtection.A) -> Data: "C:\Users\ptbradley\AppData\Roaming\Search Protection\SearchProtection.EXE" /autostart -> No action taken.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run|NextLive (PUP.Optional.NextLive.A) -> Data: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe "C:\Users\ptbradley\AppData\Roaming\newnext.me\nengine.dll",EntryPoint -m l -> No action taken.

Registry Data Items Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Folders Detected: 2
C:\Users\ptbradley\AppData\Roaming\newnext.me (PUP.Optional.NextLive.A) -> No action taken.
C:\Users\ptbradley\AppData\Roaming\newnext.me\cache (PUP.Optional.NextLive.A) -> No action taken.

Files Detected: 4
C:\Users\ptbradley\AppData\Roaming\Search Protection\SearchProtection.exe (PUP.Optional.SearchProtection.A) -> No action taken.
C:\Users\ptbradley\AppData\Roaming\newnext.me\nengine.dll (PUP.Optional.NextLive.A) -> No action taken.
C:\Users\ptbradley\AppData\Roaming\newnext.me\nengine.cookie (PUP.Optional.NextLive.A) -> No action taken.
C:\Users\ptbradley\AppData\Roaming\newnext.me\cache\spark.bin (PUP.Optional.NextLive.A) -> No action taken.

(end)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Oh My!

Oh My!

Adware and Spyware and Malware.....

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 37,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:36 PM

Greetings and welcome to BleepingComputer.

Those entries are of no real concern and you can safely have Malwarebytes remove them. They are not virus related but rather are more of an annoyance you and your computer can do without. PUP stands for Potentially Unwanted Program. Often times these are programs that are bundled with legitimate downloads and are automatically installed on your computer unless you opt out. Many times you will not even notice the opt out section.

Does this make sense?
Gary

If I do not reply within 24 hours please send me a Personal Message.

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

#3 patb94

patb94
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

Yeah it makes since, thank you so much for the help i was a bit worried. Turns out it was not as bad as i thought it might be.

Once again thanks so much

#4 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 37,742 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:39 PM

You are very welcome and always welcome to come back if we can assist you with anything. As I close this topic I will provide some information you may find useful in your effort to keep your computer clean.

===================================================

Keeping Your Computer Safe

----------

Lawrence Abrams, the founder of BleepingComputer.com, has developed an excellent tutorial which will provide you with the information you need to know to keep your computer secure and clean. Please take the time to read: Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet.

In addition, here are some more links you might find of interest:Thank you for placing your trust in BleepingComputer. It was a pleasure serving you. OhMy_done.gif
Gary

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

#5 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 37,742 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users