Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have a keylogger on my machine..how do i delete it?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 snafubaby

snafubaby

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

I have been having a lot of malware on my pc as of late.  Everytime i have used ad-aware, which seems to find viruses while other big name anti-malware virus checkers don't find a thing, and deleted the viruses, they come back soon after deletion.  I then then downloaded antilogger free.  I performed the typing test, and i indeed found a log file that kept on being updated everytime i typed more and more into notepad.  I cannot inspect the log file because everytime i try to load it into notepad, it gives me an error, telling me that the program is being used by another process.  Is there a way to unlock the file so i can inspect it?  I have unlocker on my pc, but unlocker is being rendered useless by the malware, and it won't let me rename the log file, or copy it to another pc where i can inspect it.  Anyone got any ideas??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AlexSmithFanning

AlexSmithFanning

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

Try downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Try to start it, if it doesnt start then download Malwarebytes Chameleon so it can bypass the virus.

Unzip the contents of Chameleon if you have to use it. It will present you with a help file that you can choose which one you want to launch, if one doesn't work try another one!

I prefer Linux. Windows 10 is just to invasive for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users