Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sdram

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mean sartin

mean sartin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 08 May 2006 - 04:43 PM

I am planning to upgrade the RAM in my system and I found the two SDRAM slots, but I also noticed 2 other ones right next to them.
Posted Image
What are the onther two slots for?

and if it says PC 2700 on the RAM itself, is that the only kind i can use in it?

thanks, :thumbsup:

Edited by mean sartin, 08 May 2006 - 04:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DaveM59

DaveM59

Bleepin' Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:31 PM

PC2700 is actually DDR Ram, not SDRam. 2700 refers to the speed of data transfer, higher numbers being faster. Faster RAM will run fine at slower speeds so for example PC3200 would be okay. However PC2100 probably would fail.

Your picture is too fuzzy for me to tell what the slot layour means. In any case you need to check your motherboard manual for specific instructions on upgrading or changing memory modules. Try the manufacturer's website (google is your friend), most hardware mfrs have info on old as well as current models.

Crucial and Kingston both have web pages that will help you select appropriate memory for your motherboard. Again Google will lead you to them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users