Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is luckshops.com?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 hunnybunny

hunnybunny

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:13 PM

luckshops.com mimicks everything I search for and shows up in the top of my search results. Has anyone encountered this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

Hi -

It is another of those browser add ons that get downloaded from Search sites, or even from clicking certain advertising.

If you do not want it then search your browser extensions, and run basic cleaup tools like Junkware Removal Tool by thisisu and AdwCleaner by Xplode to Desktop, then fully running them.

Most directions are on our download links -

Thank You -

#3 Bread&Butter

Bread&Butter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

Check out shouldiremoveit.com. Great site that helps you figure out which programs are adware etc... I always check here when I find a program I don't recognize.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

Check out shouldiremoveit.com. Great site that helps you figure out which programs are adware etc... I always check here when I find a program I don't recognize.

I tend to b e against any program...that purports to be an "wasy, all-in-one" answer for all types of software.  I find the info at www.files.net to be more less likely to be biased or wishy-washy...and, of course, Google.

What I don't understand about shouldiremoveit...why is it necessary to install any software at all to access database material that could easily be more accessible direct from the website?

I think that a download with no apparent purpose...is a setup for those who do so.  I'm waiting for the "optimizer" approach :).

Louis

#5 Bread&Butter

Bread&Butter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

Louis,

I agree that the download serves no apparent purpose and that's why I only use the "search programs" option that is directly on the site. I like that there are rating and user feedback, and that generally, the programs that show up as harmful actually are. Of course like any other reference tool, I also recommend good ol' common sense. So I guess to clarify; the search tool and feedback on shouldiremoveit.com is what I recommend. I'll check out files.net too and see what it's like.

#6 hunnybunny

hunnybunny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

LOG FILES:

# AdwCleaner v3.016 - Report created 11/01/2014 at 14:07:08
# Updated 23/12/2013 by Xplode
# Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (32 bits)
# Username : Sharon - SHARON-RAS
# Running from : C:\Documents and Settings\Sharon\My Documents\Downloads\AdwCleaner.exe
# Option : Clean

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

***** [ Browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v8.0.6001.18702

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v26.0 (en-US)

[ File : C:\Documents and Settings\Sharon\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\n0dxq8tg.default-1353701802781\prefs.js ]

[ File : C:\Documents and Settings\Sharon\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ygv2dy4z.default-1387471731968\prefs.js ]

-\\ Google Chrome v

[ File : C:\Documents and Settings\Sharon\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\preferences ]

AdwCleaner[R5].txt - [1373 octets] - [10/01/2014 17:38:48]
AdwCleaner[R6].txt - [1238 octets] - [11/01/2014 14:06:28]
AdwCleaner[S5].txt - [1440 octets] - [10/01/2014 17:39:29]
AdwCleaner[S6].txt - [1159 octets] - [11/01/2014 14:07:08]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S6].txt - [1219 octets] ##########

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Thisisu
Version: 6.1.0 (01.07.2014:1)
Ran by Sharon on 11/01/2014 at 14:12:08.42

~~~ Services

~~~ Registry Values

~~~ Registry Keys

~~~ Files

~~~ Folders

Scan was completed on 11/01/2014 at 14:15:22.64
Computer was rebooted
End of JRT log

#7 hunnybunny

hunnybunny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

I tend to b e against any program...that purports to be an "wasy, all-in-one" answer for all types of software.  I find the info at www.files.net to be more less likely to be biased or wishy-washy...and, of course, Google.

What I don't understand about shouldiremoveit...why is it necessary to install any software at all to access database material that could easily be more accessible direct from the website?

I think that a download with no apparent purpose...is a setup for those who do so.  I'm waiting for the "optimizer" approach :).

Louis

I'm always reluctant to try any programs not suggested by the Mods here.  :)

Edited by hamluis, 11 January 2014 - 06:20 PM.
Fixed quote :) - Hamluis.

#8 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

Louis

shouldiremoveit is a site, not an application... I often find the information there concise.

that is, the installer is optional... all the information is still available without the app.

Edited by TsVk!, 12 January 2014 - 05:01 PM.

#9 hunnybunny

hunnybunny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

Louis

shouldiremoveit is a site, not an application... I often find the information there concise.

that is, the installer is optional... all the information is still available without the app.

luckshops.com is still present and I'm determined to get rid of its nasty a$$.  Will check out the shouldiremoveit site.

Edited by hamluis, 13 January 2014 - 08:56 AM.
Fixed quote - Hamluis.

#10 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:04 PM

(edit) already done that.

Might have to start a new thread in malware removal forum hunnybunny...

edit edit: now the prefs.js files are gone you may just be able to reset your browsers, to make them work right.

Edited by TsVk!, 12 January 2014 - 06:11 PM.

#11 hunnybunny

hunnybunny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

(edit) already done that.

Might have to start a new thread in malware removal forum hunnybunny...

edit edit: now the prefs.js files are gone you may just be able to reset your browsers, to make them work right.

I've reset FF and it still shows up and sometimes morphs into 'shopingkicks.com'.

#12 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

I suggest you start a thread in Malware removal logs forum,

I can assure you it is a browser jacker infection and may be directing you towards other malware.

good luck

Edited by TsVk!, 17 January 2014 - 05:08 PM.

#13 hunnybunny

hunnybunny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

Thanks TsVkl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users