Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

D drive full of folders with padlocks containing eula, dll and data files

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 leez6666

leez6666

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

Hi

This is my first post on this site.

My home computer is running Windows 7 - Home Premium 2009.  The computer is somewhat slow and the C and D drives are almost full.  In searching through the D drive I have found many files with padlocks which have strange names containing random letters and numbers (pic attached).  When I open these they contain eula, dll and data files.  I don't recall creating them and would like to delete them but when I try I get a message saying I need permission from the SYSTEM to make changes.

Can anyone please tell me what all these folders are and how I may be able to get rid of them?  Is this a malware problem?  Each one of these folders seems to take up from 7MB to 30MB of space.

Thanks

leez6666

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

The Microsoft Community website explains why these files are locked and how to go about changing the permissions to access them.

Scroll down to Job Sam Varkey's post.

Edited by dc3, 11 January 2014 - 11:20 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users