Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD after windows login/startup - Please help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LilithX

LilithX

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

Hello,

I'm having an issue when I login to windows while it's in the process of loading my start-up items. The blue screen appears with the error: page_fault_in_nonpaged_area and the hex seems to have changed several times after many restarts. Some of the hex #'s I've gotten are:

0x00000050 (0xB07A4000, 0X00000001, 0X8058264D, 0X00000000)

0X00000050 (0XB1B12000, 0X00000001, 0X8058264D, 0X00000000)

0X00000050 (0XB1972000, 0X00000001, 0X8058264D, 0X00000001)

I'm able to boot in safe mode and I've run Avast, Ad-aware, Gary's Utilities, CCleaner, Tweaknow Reg cleaner and some others.

I'm running Win XP. 

I think I have it narrowed down to something that's in my windows start-up because I tried to do a clean boot and I was able to load windows completely and connect to the internet without any problem. I'm not sure which process is causing the issue though. Any help would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BobbyG6200

BobbyG6200

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

I've got plenty of experience with that. I got a totally infected laptop from a friend. First thing I found on it was the Search Conduit Toolbar. But that was just the beginning. But after I got it fairly well cleaned up, I figured out (learned actually) that most of my problems were caused by unnecessary programs  that had already been on the machine. And they were all starting up at once. Using up  the RAM and the CPU. 

This is  a MSI A5000 Laptop with plenty of memory. 

I tend to let it warm up for 10 or 15 minutes before doing anything. Right now I'm having loads of fun with my XP PRO desktop. I'm curious what programs you have running at startup. I may have a few tools for you to use too.

#3 LilithX

LilithX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

Avast and Zone Alarm is what I have at start-up which I recently downloaded. Do you think that's the issue? I tried removing Avira but it seems that some files are still lingering. I did a search of the registry with the word Avira and deleted everything I found that related to it but I guess that wasn't enough.

#4 BobbyG6200

BobbyG6200

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:33 AM

I found a tool that uninstalls the program and all remnants that are leftover called the Revo Uninstaller. You can get it here. http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

It's a safe site and you won't get all the 3rd party goodies along with it. It comes with an instruction PDF in the Zip file. Ii don't know if you know about 'msconfig' where you can see whats starting up when your computer boots. I use Avast too . It's a little less bossy than some Anti-viruses.I try to have as little running at a time than I have to. With my PC running XP Pro I  can have a lot going on, but my Laptop running Windows 7 is a little more fragile. So far anyway. I do use Roboform because I'm really bad at writing down passwords.

As much as I told people who were trying to help me  that my pc was clean, it seams we kept finding more evil stuff . Do run Malware bytes though. It has a tool called Chamelion and this creature goes into the system using Command prompt and roots out things most Mal\ware hunters don't find. Hey, I gotta get some sleep. Good luck. Feel free to contact me any time.

#5 LilithX

LilithX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:13 AM

I actually have revo but for some reason it didn't get everything. I think because revo was installed after avira.I'm going to try to run malware bytes and see if it catches anything. I'll let you know. Thanks for your help!

#6 LilithX

LilithX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:22 AM

ok, malware chameleon and running the regular malware virus scan seemed to have fixed the start-up problem and now I'm able to boot normally without the blue screen. You were right about the conduit. I saw it in the list of objects found by malware along with some other malware items. The only problem now is that my Avast seems to have been disabled and now I can't figure out how to enable it. There's an X over the icon in the bottom right and i've tried enable shields and resolving all and starting up and nothing seems to budge. Any ideas on this one?

#7 BobbyG6200

BobbyG6200

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

If it says Not Connected  you  have to go on line to turn it back on.

#8 LilithX

LilithX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

I am online. I think something has disabled it and is blocking it from turning on. I'll try do to  a full performance scan and see if it catches anything tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users