Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ads play in the background and can't install Win7 SP1

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 XanderBrown

XanderBrown

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

I am helping someone with a laptop that has what sounds like streaming video in the background with no windows open, the volume mixer shows the sound but says "Name Not Available". Also, if I try to install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 x64, it fails with an error - arithmetic result exceeded 32 bits.

Malwarebytes full scan shows no infections.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by XanderBrown, 10 January 2014 - 05:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 misscakes

misscakes

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

have yo9u looked in the device manager?

#3 XanderBrown

XanderBrown
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

Yes, but should I look for something in particular?

#4 misscakes

misscakes

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

are there any question marks or exclamation points in device manmager?

#5 misscakes

misscakes

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

I just found this when I googled your issue, heres the link...https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=123968

I don't know if that will help you cuz im not a tech for this site or any site, but im handy on computers...so if you would like to read this and hopefully it will help you out

#6 misscakes

misscakes

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

a global moderator on this site is helping me walk thru everything so, try going into the chat and asking about help, or maybe "boopme" will know how to help you with your issue, that's who helped me.  the link I provided was of another persons issue and they were talking to someone who was walking them thru everything as well, so plz jus be careful doing anything on your own cuz I would hate to try n help but wind up adding to ur distress

#7 misscakes

misscakes

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

but I always use Spybot search and destroy and malwarebytes antimalware whenever I try n look for problems or viruses...so until you get a real response ffrom a tech, try downloading those and running the scans...spybot will take a while, and is a great program tho.  good luck

#8 XanderBrown

XanderBrown
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

No, there are not any questions or exclamations. I ran Malwarebytes already. I will wait for a tech, thank you.

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

This is a new infection and we can remove it but we need to get a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide, do steps 6,7 and 8 and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users