Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samsung P10 laptop CMOS battery

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 espoo_hopper

espoo_hopper

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

Hi All

I been given a Samsung P10 laptop to use as a backup (actual model is NP10FP2004D/RMP). Unfortunately the CMOS battery has gone and I would like to replace it. I therefore have two questions -

Firstly, does anyone know if the CMOS battery for a more recent model will fit, as this model is rather old and spares are difficult to find?

Secondly, does anyone have any experience of dismantling this model and could give me some idea of battery location to reduce the need to strip it down? I don't want to take the back off only to discover that the battery is located under the keyboard for instance. I've found nothing online other than the user manual.

The Samsung technical help site want rather too much personal information in order to make an e-mail enquiry, so I'm hoping someone on this forum may be able to help.

Many thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users