Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting F8 for menu to get to Safe Mode working again.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NYB

NYB

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

I noticed some time ago, that my F8 key to get menu for safe mode is not working as it use to. I am not sure when it stop functioning.

Is there a way to get it functioning agan. I was removing old sofware that was of no use to me anymore and needed to

go into safe mode to finish up uninstalls and removing directories and files..  That is when I noticed that F8 would not

get me into the menu for safe mode. The keyboard F8 key itself does work. Just not, when I need it to get the menu for

safe mode, or any of the other menu items. As I said, I do not know when it stopping working.. I can use msconfig or hitting the

reset button to get the menu, but this is not my preferred way to get the menu, for safe mode!

later,

NYB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users