Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MP3MyMP3 asking for sound drivers that I already have....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 zlloyd1

zlloyd1

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

I downloaded and installed a freeware sound recorder for my computer to record from onli9ne sources, but when I open it I get a message saying there is no sound drivers available for use?? I have a screenshot fo the exact error window that pops up, but I could not find a way to add an attachement to this post, so I cannot add it here....

In any case what it says exactly is, "setParamsNo Sound Driver available for use" with a triangle in front of it with an exclamation point inside?? :smash:

I cannot understand this because I have opened the Device Manager and checked the sound device drivers, and WIndows claims they are up-to-date.... :flame:

Now, I know Windows is a piece of ----  :nono:  but I do not know any other way to check the drivers on my audio device, which by the way is AMD High Definition Audio Device. I have tried going to the AMD website, but they want a specific model number, and there is nothing there that says High Definition Audio Device, so I cannot directly download drivers from the manufacturer's site.... :unsure:

Can some one PLEASE explain to me what I have to do here???? :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

That sound driver appears to be a generic Windows sound driver and is most likely why You are getting the message from the new software.

If the computer is a brand name please post the make and model.

If the computer was built from parts, please post the make and model of the motherboard.

Next I'm attaching a image showing how to attach a image in this forum.

Please take note that many of the forums here do not allow attachments, This is one of the ones that does allow attachments. Just follow the numbered steps.

attach.jpg

Good Luck

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 zlloyd1

zlloyd1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:59 PM

I am not exactly sure why the driver would be generic Windows, except that I did have to reinstall Windows 7 last week because of a virus that was killing me.... I actually got assistance with that here from this forum.
As to the Make and model, it was a Dell XPS 8300, and I am using Windows 7 Home Premium.
For the record, I was using this application, MP3MyMP3 before on this same computer, and it worked fine, before the reinstall, but perhaps reinstalling the OS has caused some changes that I did not realize. :blush:
Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to answer, and hope you can help me correct this problem!! :wink:

Also, I am not seeing the same thing when I post a response or question here as the image you posted, there does not appear to be any option to add an attachement from my side?? :unsure:

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

I'll have to work on this tomorrow, However You need to click on the More reply Options. Otherwise you are in the quick reply box and that has no such options.

I hope this helps

Roger

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

167 @ June 2015

#5 zlloyd1

zlloyd1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

I'll have to work on this tomorrow, However You need to click on the More reply Options. Otherwise you are in the quick reply box and that has no such options.

I hope this helps

Roger

Sounds like a good plan, and thanks again for all the time you have spent!! :clapping:

#6 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

HI

This page for drivers http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/xps-8300

Then select the proper category, It appears from the Dell page they supply drivers for Windows 7 64Bit only.

Under Audio we see for the built-in audio, this link Realtek ALC887 HD Audio Driver

Description
This package provides the Realtek ALC887 HD Audio Driver and is supported on the Vostro Desktop 460 and XPS Desktop 8300 that are running Windows 7 64bit

There is also a possibility that You have a XPS 8300 with a SoundBlaster audio card.

If You never installed any drivers and are using the Windows Generic drivers You should think about the Chipset, Network, SATA, and Video drivers. The drivers Windows Supplies are generic non optimized drivers.

Good Luck

Roger

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users