Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

playing videos

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Atoz44

Atoz44

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

A few months ago I bought a new gateway computer with windows 8. I am unable to play videos from You-Tube on it. I tried to turn on everything I could in the control panel, but still unable to view the videos. They will play for about 10 seconds and then a message come up that says an error occurred. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryoganix

cryoganix

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

Oddly enough, a temporary fix that I came across while working on a client's computer with the same issue was changing the browser to Google Chrome (if that's not already the browser you're using). For some reason, on IE and Firefox, it would go back to the beginning about 2 seconds in and then throw an error, but in Chrome, it would play seamlessly. If all else, if Chrome isn't the browser you use, switching to Google Chrome could be a temporary solution until the problem can be fixed. Unfortunately, after 2 hours of toiling with the computer, I couldn't fix my client's issue, but hopefully someone can offer some additional insight.

#3 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

I use Firefox. No issues.

I have come across systems that will do the same thing regardless of what browser you were using. The culprit is usually a bad Adobe install, out of date Adobe version, or a video sync error (which is unique to the computer's video) OR an out of date browser.  I'd check all of those.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users