Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do you best document your ideas?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cryoganix

cryoganix

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

This is a subject that I'm definitely interested in hearing from others about.

I have a lot of ideas about developing things, whether it be a new website, a new program, or a new network topology. However, I find it the most useful to use my medium-size whiteboard to make a generalized overview of my idea, then writing down specifics in the form of either scribbles or small sketches alongside the overview. I've tried writing things down verbosely and even drawing my ideas on a digital medium, but nothing quite makes me feel as though it's as well-documented as physically writing it out graphically on the whiteboard.

How do all of you best document your ideas? Do you find it best to document them physically or digitally? How specific are you with the ideas—write down everything, or write down the basics and get inspiration as you go?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dannyo669

dannyo669

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

I usually just write them down into a notepad file. I'm not extremely specific with it just a few little reminders to help me along the way. I like to sit in the dark to think of ideas, I don't know if that's normal though haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users