Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Serious, seriously infected!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lynseya

Lynseya

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:20 AM

Dear all,

Hi, this is my first ever post so I'd like to say a quick hello before I beg for help! I'm fairly computer literate and have removed viruses and malware in the past with the help of forums like this but I'm at my wits end with this one so would appreciate any help you can offer.

I am running windows 8 on an hp notebook which is a little under a year old. Last night my partner went to open windows as normal and entered the password, instead of the start up screen he got a blank red screen. He attempted to restart a couple of times using ctrl/alt/del and selecting restart then tried using task manager. He managed to get it to run google chrome via task manager. It then stated that chrome did not shut down correctly so he clicked to restore then closed down all tabs individually. He found that he could go online and use any application but only via task manager. The desktop still would not boot up.

Whilst he was online he got a pop up saying a virus had been detected which disappeared almost immediately. He then tried to restart the computer but this failed. He also tried a recovery which also failed.

I then ran a malwarebytes scan which flagged up 7 problems including a trojan but the log disappeared before I could make a note of its name. The scan said it had fixed the problems but on restart I got the same red screen again. It won't allow me to reboot in safe mode and I am getting notifications that there are errors on the disc drive which can't be fixed. I have attempted to use spybot, super anti spyware, hitman pro and emsisoft but the virus is causing all of these programmes to crash. I have just downloaded comodo cleaning essentials onto a usb but when I tried to run it I got a notification stating that it couldn't run 32bit on a 64 bit system. I had downloaded the 64 bit so I'm assuming it has been corrupted. Please help, I'm at a total loss.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lynseya

Lynseya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:45 AM

update, have just run rkill and it failed to find anything!

#3 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:18 AM

Hello you need to start a new thread here. :)

Read the info here .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Post your logs here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=new_post&f=22

#4 Lynseya

Lynseya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:25 AM

Thanks, will do!

#5 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication