Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello, everybody

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hyphenate

hyphenate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

I'm Mary. You can call me Hyphenate for my screenname, as there are likely too many Marys around anyhow!

I was a techie in my earlier life (from 1989 to about 2007) but I don't work on my own systems anymore as I never worked with laptops or tablets, or OSs after XP. Now I rely on other people knowing what they are doing to work on my system. I hated Vista, but Win7 isn't too horrible, but Win8 looks awful now, too. Don't work with Macs--always considered them to appeal to a lot of snobbish people, and when you learned the hard way, it's difficult to care about them.

Having some minor issues that I'll be posting about later, but wanted to make an intro first. Nowadays, I'm on Facebook (which is a contender for "Drive ME Crazy and Waste My Time" award.) and little else right now. Used to be politically active, now I waste time lending my voice to sharing articles on FB or passing around pics of dogs and cats who need rescuing or adoption (a noble endeavor, at least!).

I don't remember everything from the "distant" past, so I might need to ask some stupidly obvious questions along the way! Thanks for your help when I need it--I'm going to try to bother you all on a limited basis only because I don't like to bother people with stupid stuff when there are so many more important questions out there!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HashX

HashX

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

Hello Mary! Welcome to the forums

I don't always use Internet Explorer, but when I do, it's to download a different browser.

#3 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

Welcome aboard! :welcome:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users