Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix hanging

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Spazzz funbags

Spazzz funbags

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

Hello,

Yes, I know I'm not supposed to use combofix without trained supervision, that's not the case here. My pc was infected with malware, as a side effect, my onboard soundcard was nolonger being detected, I assume this was because of the malware. I was receiving help from a trained person to clean up my pc, as part of the process, I was instructed to use combofix, however whenever I run it, it always hangs at " scanning for infected files, this process usually takes nolonger than 10 minutes" the cursor is blinking but never even starts stage 1 I left it for over two hours.

I am asking for help to get combofix working as all the malware has already been removed. The sound has not come back up, and would like to see if combofix will fix it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users