Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus A53U-ES01 - Network Controller Driver

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kingjames2881

kingjames2881

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:10 PM

I'm trying to get my laptop to connect to the internet wirelessly but I can't track down this driver anywhere. I've uninstalled the driver in hopes that Windows will download it on startup but it can never find it.

Any help is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

Have you gone to Asus to search?  I didn't get anything searching Asus A53U-ES01, but you should be able to have better luck searching the serial number.  I search manually and got this.  It isn't obvious, but you can scroll down for additional drivers.

#3 kingjames2881

kingjames2881
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

Just search A53U.

I've tried there but I don't see any mention of network controller anywhere. Thank you so much for the help, you're awesome already.

#4 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:33 PM

What is you OS and is it a 32 bit or 64? If it's Windows 7 64 bit, here is what you want. The link kept changing itself so I added it to a new post. There you should find all your updates..

Edited by KingdomSeeker, 09 January 2014 - 06:38 PM.

#5 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:37 PM

http://www.service.asus.com/#!downloads/c1wax

#6 kingjames2881

kingjames2881
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

Yes it's W7 64 bit. Also that link just takes me to the main search page, mind giving me a step by step?

#7 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

I see it does, and yes I will. On the bottom of that page, click select model manually. Then on the left click notebook. In the column on the right select A53 series. in the next right column select A53u. Next click Windows 7 64 bit, then click confirm at the bottom. It'll take you to the page that every available driver update is listed. I'd suggest updating all of them available. You may have to reboot between updates. Good luck.

Edited by KingdomSeeker, 09 January 2014 - 09:51 PM.

#8 kingjames2881

kingjames2881
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

I see it does, and yes I will. On the bottom of that page, click select model manually. Then on the left click notebook. In the column on the right select A53 series. in the next right column select A53u. Next click Windows 7 64 bit, then click confirm at the bottom. It'll take you to the page that every available driver update is listed. I'd suggest updating all of them available. You may have to reboot between updates. Good luck.

Thanks a bunch, it worked. Much appreciated.

#9 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:21 AM

Always happy to help. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users