Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Restart Loop after Canceling Check Disk

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 3link9

3link9

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

My Windows 8 PC had to do a Check Disk which I do once a month on every computer that I have and I needed to get on the computer ASAP so I canceled around 27% thinking because I did this many times before with no problems..and now when I restart my computer it has a BSOD and goes into a restart loop. 
Now would this be the Hard drive or would it be the OS? 
I can't get into safe mode and restart the Check disk because Microsoft decided you have to be BOOTED into the OS to enter safe mode. So, Dell didnt give me a recovery OS disk and I cannot create one as I need a 12 GB CD (which Im not 100% sure they make those) and would not detect my USB flash drive so I never created one. So dell since I'm under warranty would send me the OS recovery disk but Im not sure it would work, Any tips? 
Its also a New computer that I got last month so its not old if that helps.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

This most definitely would be the operating system.

Manufacturers don't include an installation disc with computers now, they leave a partition on the hdd with the System Recovery.  You will find instructions for using this in your user manual.  Since this computer is only a month old you won't lose much by doing this.  This is your best shot.

I would suggest you do a repair installation.  You can find instructions at Windows Eight Forums which includes a download of a ISO image which you will want to burn to a disc to create a bootable disc.

In the future, don't start a scan unless you have the time to allow it to finish running, and never stop a scan.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users