Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Reboots And Safe Mode Does Not Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jasonk

jasonk

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:34 PM

hello,

My computer starts up, shows the windows XP screen, automatically goes to the blue checking file system on C: file system is FAT32. It runs the cosistency check and I can see no problems. It seems I have plenty of file space available. It gives me no error messages and tries to load the OS. It goes to a black screen and shutsdown, only to reboot and start again. I have tried safe mode and it does the same thing. I am running XP Home on one drive, 256RAM Pentium III chip...Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dngrsone

Dngrsone

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:39 PM

It is likely a hardware problem (or a really nasty malware). You try downloading the Ultimate Boot CD for Windows and run some diagnostics.
Posted Image

#3 jasonk

jasonk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:43 PM

What type of hardware problem could it be? I know enough to get in trouble. I can add memory/new video boards and modems but that stretches the limit of my skills.

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2006 - 02:10 PM

A great article on what to do when XP won't start can be found HERE.
HERE's another one!

Edited by Albert Frankenstein, 08 May 2006 - 02:16 PM.

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users