Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lag online on PS3

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:14 AM

Hi

When playing games online on the PS3 I've noticed some lag. I went from wireless to wired but I still get some lag, although it does appear to be much better.

My laptop is usually on and that uses the wi-fi but obviously while I'm gaming I'm not surfing the internet so it's not going to be doing much.

I have a good internet connection so can't work out why I sometimes get so much lag. Is there anything I can do about it as it can be really annoying?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dannyo669

dannyo669

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

What's your NAT type on your PS3? When mine went to open it vastly improved my experience. Also what kind of speeds do you have?

#3 grassy

grassy

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

I get this a lot, as i play uncharted 2 online multiplayer and it has been annoying me for years, although i upgraded my connection SPEED PLAN which did get rid of most lag my player still is weak compared to overseas players due to the connection type. I am infact talking about an optic fibre connection compared to a normal cable connection which is an actual hardware concern, so the only way to solve the problem is to get optic fibre and get the speeds which matches what the rest of the world is using. We can get slightly better speeds and lag issues but until the actual hardware is addressed(cables that are run underground or wherever) the problem will persist at least for me anyway. My player cant keep up with players from the states and other parts of my country as i have not attained optic fibre cable yet. If my player runs beside my own team mate, i just cant keep up with him, mind you this is not lag its just a weak player due to poor cable. If i am in a gun fight with someone who has an optic fibre connection and we draw our guns at the same time i will always come off second best as 3 or 4 taps with the gun and i die quickly. Its a real pain.

MY SYSTEM, IN-WIN 909 SILVER CASE, INTEL 3960X PROCESSOR,CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2133 RAM,RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME BLACK EDITION MOTHERBOARD, NVIDIA GTX980ti GRAPHICS CARD,,EK 980TI WATERBLOCK
CORSAIR FORCE SERIES GS 360GIG SSD,SANDISK EXTREME 480GIG SSD,SAMSUNG 180 GIG SSD,,BITSPOWER FITTINGS
2 B&W MM1 COMPUTER SPEAKERS,DELL U3011/30 INCH MONITOR,HEATKILLER PRO4 CPU WATERBLOCK,CORSAIR AX1200 POWER SUPPLY....

#4 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:57 AM

What's your NAT type on your PS3? When mine went to open it vastly improved my experience. Also what kind of speeds do you have?

No idea. How do you find out?

I get this a lot, as i play uncharted 2 online multiplayer and it has been annoying me for years, although i upgraded my connection SPEED PLAN which did get rid of most lag my player still is weak compared to overseas players due to the connection type. I am infact talking about an optic fibre connection compared to a normal cable connection which is an actual hardware concern, so the only way to solve the problem is to get optic fibre and get the speeds which matches what the rest of the world is using. We can get slightly better speeds and lag issues but until the actual hardware is addressed(cables that are run underground or wherever) the problem will persist at least for me anyway. My player cant keep up with players from the states and other parts of my country as i have not attained optic fibre cable yet. If my player runs beside my own team mate, i just cant keep up with him, mind you this is not lag its just a weak player due to poor cable. If i am in a gun fight with someone who has an optic fibre connection and we draw our guns at the same time i will always come off second best as 3 or 4 taps with the gun and i die quickly. Its a real pain.

Yeah, I have the problem on Uncharted too. Although more on 3 than 2.

The annoying thing is it's often clear when other people are lagging and using it to their advantage which affects my game. If I lag I keep losing (I have no contol over it at all), they lag they win.  It's like over half the games are either me lagging or someone else doing it to cheat. Since going to a wired connection it's been a bit better - less lag for me and any lag isn't as bad. Some days are terrible for lagging though.

#5 KJackson50

KJackson50

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:37 AM

IMO, when you don't pay for the multiplayer service it's just really laggy. With Xbox360 you have lag from time to time but nothing severe. It's a tradeoff really.

#6 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

IMO, when you don't pay for the multiplayer service it's just really laggy. With Xbox360 you have lag from time to time but nothing severe. It's a tradeoff really.

I disagree.

It's mainly Uncharted I have the problem on. I might get odd lag on other games but it's on Uncharted that it annoys me. I think it's probably because of so many people playing it all around the world and odd cheaters. For other games it's no worse on PS3 than xbox 360 and it's certainly not good enough on xbox to make me want to pay out for the service. Still, it's not worth paying for the xbox service when I want to play Uncharted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users