Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is the application Yet Another Cleaner?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 pribon

pribon

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:35 AM

What is the application Yet Another Cleaner?

I found myself on the internet that this palikacija problematic.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:35 AM

It would appear that it would fall under the following information:

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:

Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.

The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.

Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.

Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.

Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.

The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results".

Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:43 AM

My comments (after running it for a while) seem to differ from cryptodan, just a bit.

It is (seems to be) like CCleaner, with an On-call Antivirus / Antimalware installed.
Either that, or I have not yet worked out how to schedule Av scans yet.

I had expected it to show the usual 200 faults, like most Registry Cleaner and PC Optimizer programs. But it showed nothing that I expected.
Except it just scanned for problems and installed programs, without making any silly changes.

Just make sure you correctly set your Home Page and Search Engine, and do not change them.

The problem with it, was I found that it did not actually "Do Anything", good or bad. It just listed programs / addons / Antivirus scan ? / and advised what programs used the most internet etc. Maybe the problem was my system is too clean and already has the programs set how I like them .........

The program is from Elex do Brasil Participacoes Ltda Technology (never heard of them).

The product concept of YAC is “Clean the world, Save the world” - Need to start with something - :scratchhead:

Regards -

Edited by noknojon, 09 January 2014 - 06:44 AM.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:22 AM

For more points of view:

Wilders YAC discussion topic
Comodo YAC discussion topic
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

Hi -

In the Comodo YAC discussion topic  I would ignore the ESET Virus Total call on the program, as ESET notifies AdwCleaner as "suspect" and removes / quarantines it with their Online Scanner.

Many security programs find each other as "suspect" during scans.

Another reason why you are asked to Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus with many scans -

Thank You -         

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:12 AM

Well, my review -

I had installed the program about a week prior to the original question (for my own questions / ideas).

Tonight (9.00PM local) I decided to remove it, but not for the usual reasons we remove useless Registry Cleaners and Optimizers.
It was more because I already have enough of these (or similar) programs installed.

It did include a severely heuristic Anti virus / malware scanner, that I spent a couple of days on trying to set to a regular scan time or a constantly on mode, but failed. It seems to be an On Call Scanning version only.
My current Antivirus and Antimalware programs (MSE with SAS and MBAM) were much more simple to operate, and not as heuristically (I think that is the word) severe.

The program list / remover was like CCleaner, or your basic Programs and Features or Add / Remove list that already exists in Control Panel, and it did offer some "not silly" advice on programs to keep Etc, but there was no need for me to have another similar list installed.

NOW, I must admit that the List of Extensions for each Browser was a very good idea to have, and to have them all together.

It also had a Lockable Home Page of Your Choice section and the same for your Search Engine. As I use Google for both, then both were locked in (like Win Patrol / Scottie).

There was no "on-selling", like the combined multi IObit Advanced System Care, that promotes their Defrag and some other useless add-ons, or other systems, and it is NOT a typical "Speed Up My Computer" or "Uniblue" useless Registry Cleaner and Optimizer.

It did show / offer a few programs that would make Start-up quicker, but they were currently installed (not add-ons), and I was aware of these, but although rarely used, I preferred to keep them.

It must include some home tracking cookie type of setup, as it would tell me the weather and temperature for today and tomorrow, and was about as correct as our usual forecasts. There was also a tiny pop-up that showed how long Start-up time was, but these could be disabled (I eventually found out).

Since it was installed it has not shown in MSE, SAS or MBAM scans as a PUP (daily MBAM scans), or even a tracking cookie (daily SAS scans).

Basically it does what it is meant to do, and does it reasonably well compared to some other similar programs, but I already know my installed programs, I know how to operate Control Panel, I run (and am happy with) my own Antivirus and Antimalware programs, so it is not a first line program for me, and so it was just wasting space on my system.

It also Uninstalled in about 1 minute, and without problems. I have not yet found any registry bits remaining.

Thank You if you bothered to read this -

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,471 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:35 AM

Yet Another Cleaner Review

Appears then, if you're familiar with your system, installed programs and some of Windows built-in features (error checking, System File Checker, disk health, Add/Remove, etc) ...YAC is just another useless application taking up valuable hard drive space just like System Mechanic and Advanced System Care.

#8 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

Appears then, if you're familiar with your system, installed programs and some of Windows built-in features (error checking, System File Checker, disk health, Add/Remove, etc) ...YAC is just another useless application taking up valuable hard drive space just like System Mechanic and Advanced System Care.

Quite true. It is targeted towards those type of people, but not in the System File Checker, disk health area.

More to those with limited Antivirus, or get hit with ScorpionSaver and DealPly type of Add-ons, and they are not able to find the Extension, or run a scanner, the way a more experienced person would.

The Antivirus / malware program is very good, do not get me wrong on that, but too severe for what I would normally use. You are offered the option of removing with any finding, and I think it only identified 4 programs (or contents of programs) for removal after the scan, I Un-ticked them as overly Heuristic findings only.

But then, I can find 3 or 4 tracking cookies most weeks with SAS, but this program was never one of them.

Again, the Lockable Home Page idea is good, and several options are listed (naturally their own is in the mix with Google / Yahoo! or select your own) but it in no way attempted to take control, and the Display of Extensions is a good idea for removal of unwanted ones.

So it has a few good points, and is NOT like many others that take control (PC Optimiser / Speed Up my Computer and Uniblue as examples) and you would ask for or need help in removal, but it just did what Microsoft already has supplied.

I would tell a beginner to try it, and then show them how to use their installed programs, provided they had Anti virus / malware already installed, and it may just make them find the installed versions are as good.

They may find that apart from the daily weather forecast and boot up time, it was just not needed -

Note that I did not say Useless (although for me it was in the end).

I would reuse it, if it was required for some currently unknown reason -

EDIT - I would put it one step above the link that you have left, as that reviewer seems to be bored or has tested too many programs that day. I tried to focus more on the positive sides of the program.

Edited by noknojon, 10 January 2014 - 05:08 PM.

#9 almashor

almashor

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:40 AM

Hey..Can you guys please tell me how to get rid of the YAC in my laptop. I did the Malwarebytes and Bitdefender scans...not working...

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,471 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:08 AM

The correct way to remove most programs and many toolbars is to use Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features in Control Panel, so always check there first. Important! Reboot when done and delete the Program folder if it still exists.

Alternatively, you can use a third-party utility like Revo Uninstaller Free or Portable and follow these instructions for using it. Revo provides a listing of all installed software by installation date and when removing a program, Revo does a more comprehensive job of searching for and removing related registry entries, files and folders.

Note: With some programs it's easier to uninstall after booting into safe mode which is designed to start Windows with minimal drivers and running processes to diagnose problems with your computer. In safe mode many programs and their related services that normally start when Windows starts will not run. Since that is the case, it also means there are less processes which can interfere with uninstalling a program.

Keep in mind that not all programs show up in Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features. Some will have their own uninstaller, which can be found in the program's folder. This is by design as some vendors write installation routines so their program will not be included in the Add/Remove list. If the program is not listed in Add/Remove or Programs and Features, look for an uninstall icon (shortcut) from within its program group. Click on StartBtn.gif > All Programs (or Program Files), look for the program folder by name, open it and use the program's uninstaller. If it's not there, the next step would be to open Window's Explorer, manually navigate to the program's folder itself, look for an uninstaller file (i.e. uninstall.exe) and double-click on it to run.

If the above does not work, I found the following support information for the vendor (Woodtale Technology).
Support e-mail: isafe@woodtalesoft.com
Support phone: 3233063136

#11 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

It uninstalled in about 1 minute, also I have seen it removed by Malwarebytes and ESETOnlineScanner

How to Uninstall YAC Software?
For users of Windows XP/Windows7/WindowsVista :
1.Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
2.Select YAC, and then click Uninstall.

For users of Windows 8:
1.On the start screen right-click any free space.
2.At the bottom of the screen select All apps.
3.On the Apps screen find and right-click YAC.
4.At the bottom of the screen click Uninstall.
Notes
If the program you want to uninstall isn't listed, it might not have been written for this version of Windows. To uninstall the program, check the information that came with the program.
Some programs include the option to change or repair the program in addition to uninstalling it, but many simply offer the option to uninstall. To change a program, click Change or Repair. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation

Thank You -

#12 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,471 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

Uninstalling is always preferable if possible as sometimes anti-virus and security scanners do not do a complete removal job...they often leave remnants.

#13 almashor

almashor

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

Morning. Thanks guys!! I actually removed it. No more YAC or iSafe in my laptop. Wow what a great feeling. I uninstall it with Revo Uninstall and when through with CCleaner. Than I deleted it from the Program Files.

BRAVO Team..Thanks a million.

#14 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,471 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

You're welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.

#15 oshistaff

oshistaff

Authorized Oshi Rep

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:27 AM

I must warn that you should not trust this software, links that were given above (comodo,wilders) is nothing more than hidden spam. Their website contains a lot of completely false information

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users