Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer shut down unexpectedly.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 giraffasus

giraffasus

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:59 AM

My wife was away from home. She had left the computer on, and when she came back she found our computer had shut down unexpectedly. When she signed in again it showed a blue screen and said there was an error and if you have never seen this screen, it is recommended to restart.

It restarted automatically after the blue screen and went to safe mode screen. My wife chose to restart normally. There hasn't been an update from her since, but this is the second time that our computer has shut down without prompt. Not sure if this is due to hardware, or a possible infection. Any ideas?

Unfortunately since I have not been home and was not home when this happened, this is the only information I can provide as of now. Sorry

But some extra information. This morning Nvidia asked for an update on a driver for my video card. Since I have a Nvidia installed in my computer I followed the update through Nvidia's site. Not sure if that update was the cause of this,

Also, yesterday I ran Malwarebytes and it found two things, which one of them came when I attempted to open up a file downloaded from the links for emisosft antilmalware. It was nihao something. Sorry I can't remember completely. I also deleted Malwarebytes after running and cleaning. I ran malwarebytes after the first unexpected shut down. That is all for now. 

Edited by giraffasus, 09 January 2014 - 04:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users