Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 Accelertor Pro infection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Goldie*7

Goldie*7

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

I'm new here cause Windows accelerator pro has my win 8 computer.  I have not paid any money; I downloaded the deal from Abrams site but I have win 8.  Any hope?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:17 AM

have you tried this removal guide?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-accelerator-pro

#3 Goldie*7

Goldie*7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:11 AM

Yes, thank you for posting and trying to help me.  Lawrence Abrams link to download a registry file and then hit F8 rebooting the infected computer did not get me to the start up screen I needed.  I read his instructions that it would not work on windows 8.  Luckily I have another computer and this acer to keep me going. 

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:18 AM

Hi Goldie*7 and welcome to bleepingcomputer.com.

I see you have tried to follow the instructions in Grinler's tutorial to remove Windows Accelerator Pro, but you were unable to bring up the the Advanced Boot Options screen when you press the F8 key when Windows starts. As explained in this other tutorial http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/enable-the-f8-key-in-windows-8/ you need to enable this function in Windows 8 before you are able to use it. If you can do that, you will be able to follow the instructions to remove this rogue program.

I hope this helps and good luck.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users