Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does sennheiser pc 363d work with Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vizeroh

Vizeroh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

Title says it all.

Long Story: I recently bought a Sennheiser PC 363D, because I wanted a good headset with a mic for gaming. After much debate I went with these, I got them, installed the drivers, plugged it in, and started hearing this distorted crackling sound whenever another sound was on, like Music, Watching a Video, etc. I tried so many fixes mentioned when I looked this up on Google, after 8 hours I got tired of it, and just removed the USB Connector from the headset, and plugged them straight into the jack. So now, I have a headset, without surround sound.

A friend told me to get the Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1, and plug my headset into this, he said he should fix it, he wasn't sure, but I trust him. But I wanted to know if this would work? Does my headset (Sennheiser PC 363D) would work with the Sound Blaster Omni Surrounder 5.1? Or am I wasting my time?

Thanks.
Vizeroh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

A headset will always be stereo... never surround. No driver or sound card can produce this, it is physically impossible.

The 5.1 refers to five speakers and the bass bin support, not some sort of stereo algorithm or anything like that.

So you could buy the card and plug your headset in, but it will still be stereo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users