Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't import csv file into live mail

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 FusciaHeart

FusciaHeart

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

I don't know whether or not this is appropriate here and here goes.

I've been attempting to import my address book into live mail for a while.  The first time I got about 1/3 of it imported.  Then nothing for a long time.  (Months) Then I started going at it again last night and today.  I got another portion imported.  Now I'm not even getting error messages.  Live mail import window just closes up.

What I've done:  1. followed the instructions by going to email home and clicking import files.  click on import .csv files. and follow the directions.

I removed the data base that has already been imported in a new file. I tried putting it into note pad and I got nowhere with that.  (I cut and pasted the file into note pad- don't know how to open and excel sheet in notepad.) This might be part of the issue....

Now When I go through the usual procedure, nothing happens. 

What else do you need to know?

the file i'm importing is less than 500 lines so it's not large.  The first one successfully imported was well over 500 and only 4 columns.

Edited by hamluis, 08 January 2014 - 04:28 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users