Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is my screen failing?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chellethesouthernbel

chellethesouthernbel

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

Hi guys, I'm using Window 7 Home Premium x64, have a Dell inspiron laptop....recently had some trojan issues and just cleaned my computer..., got directed to this forum to get help with a separate issue.... have this screen issue that started just prior to me believing I had some malware...Here is the description of what's going on.

The screen began turning yellow where it was supposed to be white...my task bar was at the bottom, but it began looking as if the page would stop loading and looked like it had a bunch of lines almost looked like it was rolling, and had multiple task bars showing...so I moved it to the left side......Stopped the loading problem and multiple task bars.... I'm wondering if it's to do with the hinge, which appears to be out of line on the left side hinge...  when it first started to turn yellow it was on and off, and if I put downward pressure on the top of the screen, on the left side, the correct color would return..now it's mostly yellow all the time...this screen looks green and yellow...but I'm assuming it should be white....aside from that, just about 2 1/2 inches from the top of the screen it appears that I'm trying to get a couple of lines that run all the way across horizontally, where it's difficult to make up what is in that area....the yellow screen issue has been going on now for about 2 wks...After it started turning yellow, then just a few days later it began to get sparkly looking, all over the screen, I could see the images but not able to read anything...looked that up and read it was a lose cover just above the keyboard, or something of that nature....When I put pressure (right where it says Inspiron) on it' it goes back to just having the yellow issue...so the sparkly issue comes and goes... Hope this is enough info to help.

Edited by chellethesouthernbel, 08 January 2014 - 02:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

A picture would be a bit more helpful, but it does sound like there is an issue with the LCD Panel.

Examples of screen issues

#3 chellethesouthernbel

chellethesouthernbel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

I took a screen shot and you can see the yellow coloring but the lines I'm referring to are not visible in the screenshot, however I can not find where to attach the jpg...I know I've attached one before...grrrr

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you made with the, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

BCreply1_zpsc36d42fc.png 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 chellethesouthernbel

chellethesouthernbel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

thanks but when I click more reply options, it opens a "new page" that shows Post Preview at the top, in a blue bar... below it says "Replying to Is my screen failing?"   ....and then a whole new text box below it with my reply text in it.....with no option to attach a file.  At the bottom of the text box is  Add Reply button, Preview Post button, or Cancel button....however on one previous occasion I remember using the more option button and it gave me the option to add a file...nowhere on this screen does it do that...

However now I have a whole new issue, my Dell laptop screen has gone completely blank...just after inquiring as to what is wrong with it...i dropped the tv remote onto the keyboard, and believe it only hit the case part next to the mouse pad...and immediately the whole screen went grayish black...as in there is some light emitted from it especially if looking at it from an angle, but nothing is discernable on the screen...any ideas what the issue is now...I beat on it a time or two in the same place that the remote landed, but nothing changed...I powered off and back on but nothing...smh...grrr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users