Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

fake microsoft support?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Milkman72

Milkman72

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:17 PM

check out the transcript...

Please be educated that the corruptions are programmed in such a way that their activities are not identified so it might seem like there is no issues ,but they constanly multiply and might crash
the system without any warnings

this was in response to I can format and reinstall for free.

any idea how they can get away with this

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

This has become very very common unfortunately. I received one of those a while back. I like to screw with them and give them a clean VM to connect to and watch how they try state I am infected.

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:50 PM

If You look at this post it could also be a reason for Your Experience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520118/hello-need-help/?p=3254299

How can they get away with it? As far as I know there is no law against anybody selling support for Microsoft products. If You ask them do You work for Microsoft direct or something along that line, I suspect they will try and weasel around telling you the truth.

For Example I used to get Phone calls at work where they would say "I'm calling for Verizon about Your Phone Bill" When I asked flat out are You calling for Verizon or from Verizon they would not say from Verizon since they were not working for Verizon.

That's one way to handle them Lawrence :)

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#4 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

Very old scam.  This one dates back to the days of Windows 98.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users