Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard broken

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chvol

chvol

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:12 AM

Hi,

I've been using a Razer black widow mechanical keyboard for a few years now, and it has not given me any big problems until today. I spilled some water next to it, and a few minutes later it basically stopped working. I found that some of the water had gotten under the keyboard, but it appears the bottom of the keyboard is completely sealed up, and I would have noticed if any water got onto the keys, thus entering through the top of the board.

I also took off a bunch of the keys and I cannot find any water on it whatsoever. I guessed maybe it was just the biggest coincidence ever, and made sure to download the razer driver off their website and restart the machine, and it did change the symptoms slightly, but did not fix the problem. The board went from registering almost no keys, to registering some of them,but, they're registering two different keys at once. i.e., the "p" key produces "iq" on the screen, and the "z" key results in "7z". Some of the keys also tend to cause infinite repeating of the triggered key from time to time.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

chvol

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

Sounds like the keyboard was damaged in the spill.  Is it possible that the water dripped down the cable to the machine?

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

Put it in the sun for a few days, it will come right. Sadly the bits inside will rust now, but it will still work for a good while after it dries out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users