Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Explorer crashes when I cut and paste

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MagickalGirl2014

MagickalGirl2014

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

HI guys, new to the forum and grateful to be here.

Have a problem with my system. Recently got pc back from Origin after repairs and a clean OS reinstall, in process of reinstalling everything.

First thing that happened was an error msg. stating that my Marvell disk controller has stopped working properly because

a compatible driver isn't available for this version of windows.  I called Origin and they told me not to worry about it, they

checked the system and everything was okay. Truthfully I was dubious but went ahead with reinstallation. Got to reinstalling

Rollback RX (via Revo Uninstaller Pro) and a problem I had had before the repairs was resurrected. When I go into Win explorer, if I

right click on anything (like say to rename a folder or paste into a folder) I will (2 times out of 4) get an error msg that explorer has

crashed and have to close the error and wait while explorer begins again.  Origin told me that this was a software issue with Rollback.

I spoke to Rollback and they are unaware of any such issue but did suggest that I uninstall Rollback via Revo and reinstall normally (
without Revo) I did this.  The problem seemed to go away. Then I installed my Proteus mind machine and started getting msgs that

my modem driver is ready to be installed.   Uninstalled and reinstalled Proteus and everything seemed fine. Turned off pc that night.

Next day return to continue reinstalling programs like Steam, etc. The old explorer problem is back.

If you could help with this I would really appreciate it. I don't know what to do.  If it makes a dif my anti-spyware and anti-malware coverage

is pretty complete (Kaspersky internet suite, Malwarebytes pro, Spybot search and destroy, Advanced System Care pro 7)  and I run them everyday. My system stats are below.

Blessings, MagickalGirl

Windows 7 Professional
System     Manufacturer System manufacturer   Model System Product Name   Total amount of system memory 12.0 GB RAM   System type 64-bit operating system   Number of processor cores 4 Storage     Total size of hard disk(s) 6520 GB   Disk partition (C:) 861 GB Free (931 GB Total)   Media drive (D:) CD/DVD   Media drive (E:) CD   Media drive (F:) CD/DVD   Disk partition (K:) 1210 GB Free (1863 GB Total)   Disk partition (L:) 1191 GB Free (1863 GB Total)   Disk partition (S:) 1859 GB Free (1863 GB Total) Graphics     Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460   Total available graphics memory 4096 MB         Dedicated graphics memory 768 MB         Dedicated system memory 0 MB         Shared system memory 3328 MB   Display adapter driver version 9.18.13.3182   Primary monitor resolution 1920x1080   DirectX version DirectX 10 Network     Network Adapter Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller   Network Adapter Linksys AE1000 Notes     The gaming graphics score is based on the primary graphics adapter. If this system has linked or multiple graphics adapters, some software applications may see additional performance benefits.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,387 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

Sounds to me like customer service issues with Origin.

http://www.originpc.com/support/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users