Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Flash Player Virus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KatDiamon

KatDiamon

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:31 PM

I use windows 8 and mainly use firefox for web browsing and recently when I'm browsing a web page and a pop up box will appear saying "Page cannot be displayed! Update flash player to the latest version." Being a gullible moron I clicked it, geniunely thinking my flash player needed updating. My Nortons however flagged it up as red and so I never completed the download, I thought that would be the end of it. Now every so often the pop up appears and this:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2u469g2&s=5#.UsyODrRKS4k

I've also attached the picture just in case.

Is this a virus? and if so how can I get rid of it?

Thanks to anyone who helps.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

That looks like the legitimate Adobe Flash Player installer. Follow these instructions provided by Mozilla to install flash for Firefox. You can also check for pluging updates to make sure you have the current version

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 KatDiamon

KatDiamon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

I think my nortons decided to like the download once I unchecked the option to also have the McAfee thing installed with it, jealously.....

Anyway it's now working and I feel a bit silly for requesting help but the last thing I wanted was a trogan or something.

#4 KatDiamon

KatDiamon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:34 PM

No it's definitely not working, it's STILL asking me to install flash player despite the fact I've done so.

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

Is the plugin enabled in Firefox?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +