Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I change between Microsoft account and local account?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bomiller

bomiller

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

In order to access my office wi-fi I am tolf I must have a local account--how do I do that?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

You would most likely need a Pro version of Windows 8 if they use a Domain.  Then you would need to talk to your IT person, to allow your machine on the company network.  As for your question, you do it from the Profile in the Metro Screen.  This actual question that you posted is in the FAQ on microsoft.com for the Windows 8 page.

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

Are you sure they didn't mean a local account on your office network? There should be no reason you need a local account to access the wireless (unless the wireless is using "Radius). If you have used a Windows live sign in ID to sign into your computer before you can sign in without being connected to the interenet. Then you can connect to the wireless. 

Edited by Sneakycyber, 07 January 2014 - 07:32 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users