Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cli.exe Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 srnoble

srnoble

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:32 AM

I keep getting an error message every time I sign in to the computer. My computer at home is a Dell Dimension 4550 and runs Windows XP. The message I get reads:

"cli.exe application error
The application failed to initialize properly (Oxc0000135) Click "ok" to terminate the application."

The message pops up twice, I click "ok" and the computer seems to run fine, but I'd like to fix it, so I don't have to deal with it every time. I tried to find the file and it looks like it's part of "ATI Technologies" in the program files.

Edited by srnoble, 08 May 2006 - 08:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:23 AM

It appears to have come with ATI Technologies Catalyst Control Center, it's in C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLI.exe See also: Link

I would suggest reinstalling your video drivers for this card.

Sorry the link is:

http://www.atitech.ca/

Edited by ThorXP, 08 May 2006 - 09:57 AM.

#3 srnoble

srnoble
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 08 May 2006 - 06:27 PM

Thanks a lot - the error message is gone!! :thumbsup:

#4 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned