Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SD Card recognized for a few seconds but is unable to be read. Help?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Leon867

Leon867

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:51 AM

I have a Toshiba 2GB SD Memory card Ive had for about a year and its no longer being read on my Asus G72GX Series laptop. I recently updated my HDD to an SSD and I have a Scandisk 16GB SD Card that reads but my Toshiba doessnt get picked up anymore. When I go to the Device Manager, the icon appears but has a yellow caution triagle on it and gives me a "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" error. The card still picks up on my camera but I would like to get the pictures off of it before it dies on me, if I can recover them at all, or better yet, get the card to read again. Im using a Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1. Anyway to recover the pictures or get the card to read again, or are the pictures unrecoverable?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:12 AM

Could Try:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-driver-hardware-isnt-working-properly#update-driver-hardware-isnt-working-properly=windows-7

or

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943104

Then you could put it in the phone and connect the phone to the computer and try and read it.

#3 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,946 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

Hi

Maybe you can hook the camera up to the phone with USB and then access it while it is inserted in the camera. I have had to do this a lot in the past with situations like yours and it is often successful.

-=[ James ]=-

#4 Leon867

Leon867
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

Just tried the above fixes and nether worked sadly. Also tried to read the card on another computer and it wasnt showing up there either, so I think I have to call it dead and the data wont be salvaged. Thanks for the help though.

#5 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,946 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

I made a typo when I said "hook the camera up to the phone". I meant "hook the camera up to the computer".

Do you still see the photos if you put the card in the camera? If so and connecting the camera to the PC as I suggested does not work, do you have a printer that takes memory cards? Try putting it in there and see if you can access them that way.

-=[ James ]=-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users