Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Word Is Gone

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ggoldieloxs

ggoldieloxs

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:25 AM

Please Help! I I reinstalled my windows xp because i had spyware and that was my only option,so i thought. Now i no longer have Word 2002, Is there a sight were i can download it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:50 AM

You can't download it, but if you really don't want to have to pay out for a new copy, I would recommend a program such as Open Office, which you can download completely free from here
Hope this helps,
Charles

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:06 PM

Microsoft Word does not come with XP, but it does sometimes come with either preinstalled software on the computer and/or restore disks or partition. Did you use a different XP installation than came with your computer? Did you obtain a license for Word, or was it bundled with the original software? Typically, such things are only on a trial basis and when the trial is over you have to pay to keep them, at which point the product is activated with a key, which you should store in a safe place in case you have to re-install.

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:31 PM

Did you have Microsoft Works installed on this computer before? Sometimes Word is included with Works. Sometimes it is on it's own. And sometimes it is part of Microsoft Office.

If you have a Works disk, install it and see if Word is there.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#5 ggoldieloxs

ggoldieloxs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:38 AM

You can't download it, but if you really don't want to have to pay out for a new copy, I would recommend a program such as Open Office, which you can download completely free from here
Hope this helps,
Charles

Thanks for the suggestion

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:32 PM

How did Word get on the computer originally?

Was it a complete program or a Word viewer?

If it was Word Viewer, you can download it from Microsoft for free.
Brief Description
View, print and copy Word documents, even if you don't have Word installed. This download is a replacement for Word 97 Viewer and all previous Word Viewer versions.

Word Viewer 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

Edited by Enthusiast, 09 May 2006 - 10:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users