Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DCOM Sever Launcher/Windows Plug and Play terminated unexpectedly.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kurkrow

Kurkrow

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:12 AM

It started rather recently and I have no idea what to do. Its always a message that says either "DCOM Server Launcher/Windows Plug and Play has unexpectedly terminated." This is immediately followed by a forced restart. Sometimes my laptop works absolutely fine and without any sort of flaws. But other times it repeatedly restarts due to this around 15 - 30 minutes after start up. Sometimes my laptop just black screens entirely and just reboots. It is especially frustrating and I do not know how to fix it. I have run Malwarebytes and aside from some malware that just so happened to be there, it did not manage to actually fix it. Running RKill.exe results in nothing found except for a few missing digital signatures: 

"C:\Windows\System32\rpcss.dll : 510,464 : 07/13/2009 08:41 PM : 2d5725238bd41e5084b9eef408ce34f3 [NoSig]

+-> C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-com-base-qfe-rpcss_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_c5bfcda3579104e3\rpcss.dll : 509,440 : 07/13/2009 08:41 PM : 7266972e86890e2b30c0c322e906b027 [Pos Repl]"

The first one that includes rpcss.dll happens to be directly related to DCOM Server Launcher, but I have no idea how to restore said "missing digital signature." 

In addition to these things, there also happens to be random adds played in the background of my audio. It is really off putting as it does not have any visual appearance except for one tab labeled "Name Not Available." It often plays repetitive adds and some god awful news stories. I have looked through all my processes and there is nothing unusual there. (This too, went entirely unnoticed by Malwarebytes.)

I have tried several system restores, to no avail. Any help at all  would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by hamluis, 07 January 2014 - 10:26 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

Hello Kurkrow,with this particular infection we need to get a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users