Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Issues, Can't Recreate Issue - Seems Random

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fivegears

fivegears

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

Hey there, fine folks of Bleeping. First time posting here. I'm at a loss as to what's going on with my computer. I've said all the right things. I've bought it dinner. It's met my parents. Yet it keeps shutting down.

BSOD issues have been going on a while now, but have been infrequent enough that I sort of dealt with them. Now it's gotten to the point that I don't know if I'll finish this post in time. It can go hours with no noticeable issue, then have a series of BSODs, fresh from start-up. There doesn't seem to be any particular rhyme or reason, it doesn't crash more if I'm playing a game, video, browsing a website, moving files, anything like that. 

I tried hunting down the issue myself, suspecting a driver conflict or corrupt memory, but, I got nothing. I've run Window's memory diagnostic a number of times with no reported error, and I manually removed any driver I felt safe in doing so. I've used CCleaner, SpyBot, the usual suspects to try and clear out anything suspect. Nothing.

Here's the gang of usual suspects that are seen during the BSOD:
SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

I should probably run a memory test one stick at a time, thinking of it, but in the meantime, I'm happy to provide any information I can to at least get a handle on this. Been ages since I've posted to a help forum, so I'm not up-to-date with what kind of information you'd want. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users