Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

inter extension

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zigski

zigski

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

please help

how do I get rid of this ext.

B205A35E-1F

c-818B-899DBBB3388C

I think it was part of the conduit.com  which I was able to get rid of but this ext. gives me no option to delete.

any thoughts would be of help.

thanks for now.

sam

Edited by hamluis, 06 January 2014 - 07:02 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

Try this:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5921042_delete-bho-internet-explorer.html

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

A search for c-818B-899DBBB3388C comes back as Encarta Search Bar. Should be listed in your Add/ Remove program list and you can uninstall from there.

You can find and remove adware/ crapware using the programs below.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

AdwCleaner Download

Junkware Removal Tool Download

Post the logs back here if they find more adware/ malware.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:01 AM

To add further to that sometimes add/remove won't work as the culprit is also a service. The service will have to be stopped prior to using add/remove method. If you get a error or it won't uninstall then search for the service. Start button or windows key type in services.msc hit enter. Search for the name of the program typically would be called Encarta search tool bar or something similar. They do this making it harder for people to opt out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users