Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help after infection- Voice ad virus, link hijak etc

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HPG62

HPG62

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

It all started a month ago. Got audio advertsiements (overlapping ads) coming out of the system even without browser on.

I cleaned it using Microsoft defender and Malware bytes few times, but keep reappearing.   I keep cleaning but seems like it is a hidden virus somewhere deep in the system which get active again when I connect to internet or reboot.

Then noticed errors message popping up which say computer will shut down in few seconds..

Next stage was browser getting hijacked to rogue sites and intermittent audio ads playing in the back ground

I tried Spybot, MS security essentials, Malware, combofix ...  No virus found.  But didnt see issues found after one more round of clean up. I tried a trial version of ESET and it suggested  rpcss.dll is infected (but unable to clean) as well as glrpack\aqreporter.dll 

ESET deleted aqreporter.dll and now I am getting a pop error about missing dll.

(This is HP laptop with windows 7 Home professional,  had previously made restore /repair disks, but didnt work when I tried..possibly bad CD's)

Some one please help ?    I would like to clean the system if there are trojan still residing and also get the dll errors repaired.

By the way eset still send the message that  rpcss.dll in the system32 library has a trojan.   Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,751 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

Since you have run ComboFix...please initiate a new topic, posting the requested DDS log and your ComboFix log...in the forum containing the Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html .  Please execute Steps 6-8 of the Prep Guide.

Once your new topic is initiated, this topic will be closed, to avoid confusion.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users