Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer takes it's time coming out of sleep mode-hibernate missing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 irish66

irish66

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

Asis laptop.

I usually turn it off altogether if going out for a long period. I did have hibernate, but that seems to have disappeared from the shutdown option. It could have been me to removed it. I can;t remember.

I know I preferred sleep to hibernate, as it was easier to get the computer to come back on in sleep mode.

I just googled about this.  I have an external keyboard and mouse. So I don't really use the keys or

touchpad, whatever on the actual laptop. So i hit the external keyboard, and mouse. I'm not sure which one works best for getting the power running again. The power runs, and I can see in the taskbar, the names of the programs running. It would probably be Pale moon browser, xmbc, total commander, and kmplayer. The problem is that I can only see black screens in the window for the programs. So I start hitting the start button on the laptop, the external mouse, the external keyboard. Eventually the black screen will go will go away, and things will return to normal.

update.I just put the computer in sleep for a few minutes. This time instead of using the external keboardm i hit enter on the laptop keyboard.keypad, whatever it's called. Things came on a lot quicker. But as it was a short period of time, I'll try it tomorrow again, and see what happens.

Edited by irish66, 06 January 2014 - 02:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users