Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need hotspot shield on to acess internet through programs.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 irish66

irish66

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:17 PM

I am in ireland

Hotspot gives me an american address.

If I have hotspot turned off or on, i have no problem acessing websites through browsers eg firefox, internet explorer whatever.

The problem comes if I have something such as xmbc running. Then I cannot connect to any internet sites through xmbc, or kmplayer, unless hotspot shield is turned on.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

Have you installed the addon?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Irish_TV

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#3 irish66

irish66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

Hi. Yes. But problem solved sort of , thanks to Bleeping computer. I looked through the downloads section. I downloaded some programs

including rogue killer. I am not computer expert by any means. But I thought the pronlem might be something to do with proxy's, or dns. Even though I am not quite sure or dns or proxy's are. But I ran rogue killer, and hit fix proxy, and fix dns amomg others. Oh before that I stopped something winhttp autoproxyservc from running. I was just chancing my arm. But something worked, So At the moment I am not running Hotspot shield. I have uninstalled it. I notice also that in xmbc, stuff is loading quicker as well including the irish channel.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users