Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop screen not coming on

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 suppafly

suppafly

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

Hey Guys,

Wasn't sure whether to post this in the windows vista forum or hardware. I figured hardware as i think its an issue with that and maybe not the OS but i could be wrong.

So my sister in-law has a gateway M-series laptop running windows vista with an intel centrino processer. Seemingly out of blue one day when turning on the laptop the screen didn't seem to come on. When you press the power button you can here the hard disk spinning up and the power light on the computer comes on just you see not at all on the screen. There is no blinking cursor or anything it just seems as if the screen is turned off and everything behind sounds like its working fine as there are no beeping sounds when turning it on. 

Any ideas what the issue might be and how to resolve it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

Can you connect an external monitor?

If you look closely can you see the image, just very dark?

Odds are the LCD panel has failed, but the two above things will tell you for sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users