Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp mini 5191 wifi switch issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Visceris

Visceris

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

Hello. Im tryin to fix a laptop for a friend and i cant figure out how to fix the outside toggle switch for the wifi on this hp mini 5191. It seems as tho he dropped the laptop( i see many dings and some broken plastic), everything works fine but i cannot get the laptop apart to get to the switch to see whats wrong. The switch just will not move in either direction. Its stuck in the middle. Any suggestions for me? Any way of bypassing the outside switch? I know there is a way on some pc's if it turns on through the keyboard. Any help is greatly appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

Could check and see if wireless assistant will turn it on.

Here the service manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01846062.pdf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users